Lowfat chocolate milk has 9 essential nutrients that an athlete needs, including some not typically found in recovery drinks.
Chocolate milk’s liquid assets
- A natural source of high-quality protein to build lean muscle.
- The right carb-to-protein ratio scientifically shown to refuel and rebuild exhausted muscles.
- Vitamin A to support a healthy immune system and good vision.
- Electrolytes including calcium, potassium, sodium and magnesium to help replenish what’s lost in sweat.
- B vitamins for energy.
- Fluids to rehydrate.
- Calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus, protein and potassium to build and maintain strong bones and reduce the risk for stress fractures.